Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rev 443 and the next few revs

For Rev 443, I tracked down the issue plaguing Paper Mario. Since it was a regression, I went about it the way I normally find regressions I found the last revision that didn't have the regression and I checked the changes to the next revision after looking at the purpose of that particular revision. In this case it was rev 431 and 432 respectively. However, Rev 432 had 50 files and a couple hundred lines of code changed. So, over the course of two days I went through each file one by one and it turned out to be one line one 1 file which was the last one I went through. In Rev 432, I reverted some changes from some older Revs to fix a few regressions causing lock-ups in some titles. Now, I need to finish going back through the changes and see which are needed for speed and preparation for the ME move. After that, I have a few quick ideas I'll look at for further speed. After they are implemented I'll explain them here. Hopefully after the speed regressions and my new ideas we should see an overall boost in speed. Then it's on to the Async bug and the rest of the changes leading to Beta 3.

1 comment: